December 19, 2016

Blogger Secret Santa

Friday after work I picked up the kiddo from school and headed home to find a large and unexpectedly heavy package at my front door. I figured it was for Wyatt since most things this time of the year are, but no! It had my name on it!

On closer inspection it also had a very familiar return label on it from Liz over at In Omnia Paratus.  I somehow managed to keep grabby 4 year old fingers away from it long enough to open it myself - the struggle with that is real - and gleefully tore it open wondering what on earth she stuffed into the bag that was heavy.

The first thing I encountered was this:

Himalayan salt granules. I can't wait to use these for both conditioning and competition. 
Not having used them before, I jumped online and did some research. It turns out they are jam packed with trace minerals. I'm really excited to add them to our electrolyte regimen.

Next up I pulled out the heavy object. Wyatt declared that it was a brick, but I told him there was no way Liz would mail a brick out. Turned out I was only partially right:

Carrot flavored because Gem is a Princess and won't settle for anything less
It was a brick - of sorts! I had to concede to my 4 year old that he was right. Once Gemmie comes home to live, she will be getting this to munch away on.

But there was still more in the bag. Last, but not least was:

Red!!!

A set of glorious, fuzzy and RED polos. I actually do not own a set of polos, a fact that I figured out only a couple weeks ago when a friend asked to borrow a set of red polos for a parade figuring that if anyone had something horsey and red, it would be me. I thought I had a set, but all I had were red standing wraps. So not only are these pretty, but they fill a gear void!

THANK YOU SO MUCH LIZ!! This was the best package and she hit the nail on the head with everything.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift! I love it. I want to see if I can find a carrot flavoured mineral block - maybe princess will actually lick it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gem is very picky and only carrot flavored things will pass the test. I'm interested to see how she likes this.

      Delete
  2. You're very welcome. I wanted to send you another red bucket but I didn't figure Dusty would approve ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been hilarious. He has asked me where on earth we are going to put all the buckets. You can never have too many.

      Delete
  3. What a great selection of presents. I like the lose himalayan salt. I'll have to get some of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to give it a try. Typically I mix my own elytes up for the days leading up to a ride and to use in the summer when it is ridiculously hot out. It will be interesting to see how this works in the equation.

      Delete
  4. Liz did a great job with the gifts! Hope you and the family have a safe and happy holiday season <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did great!! Happy Holidays to you too!!!

      Delete
  5. Awesome gifts! I might have to get Miles one of those carrot bricks... I bet he'd like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to let Gem at it. She traditionally doesn't use salt blocks much, but I am betting she loves the carrot flavor

      Delete