November 27, 2013

A Lot To Be Thankful For

Well, this has nothing to do with Gem. Or riding. Nothing is going on on that front right now. It is dark, coldish (depending on your perspective) and raining. I am also waiting on the new girth to arrive this week to avoid continued harm.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow. A time to be thankful. As most people who are on facebook know, it it so easy to complain. I'd bet that at least 50% of all status updates are negative in some way. I try to scroll on past those chronic complainers and look at pictures and plans of those few who share smiles and happiness. So this post is about that. Thankfulness. What am I thankful for in life?

  • W. He is so amazing and we are so very lucky to have him in our lives. He turns 1 the day after so this week is going to be full of love and celebration :)

  • Hubbybear. Always ready for my next adventure he shows up with a smile and tries his best. He has been enjoying the paces with me this fall. When I get down about my ability to condition for a 50, he is there to encourage me and show me that it is possible after all. He even mentioned the other night that he wishes we had our own place so I could get another horse more sutiable for the sport.

  • Gemmie. No matter how much we butt heads I have to be honest - I adore her. I think she is just drop dead gorgeous and I love her attitude. I wish at times she was easier but then I know I wouldn't be the rider I am today if it wasn't for her. She has taught me a lot about being a "rider" and not just a "passenger". I love exploring the trails on her and we both hate the arena. We are about to embark on a new phase of our lives together as we tackle a 50 and I am so excited to do it.

  • South Carolina weather :) I am sooooo happy to be down south. The arctic north ruined winter for me. We are very hapyp down here and I can't wait to watch W grow up someday on our own farm.

  • The health of my loved ones and myself. We are a generally healthy group to date. Little things here and there pop up (like my bout with Lymes disease) but I don't wake up every morning in pain. I love life and plan to keep enjoying it for many more decades to come. I have wonderful cats and dogs that have been around for a long time and have continued to do well.

  • My profession. I like my career choice. It may not be snazzy or make me rich, but I enjoy talking to people and helping ease some discomfort or concern. I won't ever make the front page of a paper or the headline news, but I don't care to. I have a job that I enjoy and pays the bills so we can live and enjoy ourselves.
What are you thankful for this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment