July 21, 2013

Welcome!

Hello anyone out there! I have no clue if anyone will read this or not. I'm doing this for several reasons.

  1. I really like to write. It helps me think and it is something I can do in the evenings during down time.
  2. It will help keep me focused in my goals
  3. It will help me to look back and see how far I've come. It is so easy to get lost in the problems of the here and now and lose track of all that has been accomplished to date.
  4. I really hope someone reads it and to get involved with other endurance people to connect, ask for advice and learn. I've read a ton of other horse blogs and have learned a ton. Maybe I can even help someone else out there.
Some information about me:

I am now in my 30s. I have a lot going on in my life and I do worry sometimes that I have too much on my plate and everything is going to go wrong, but so far so good. I have an amazing 7 month old son who my world revolves around. I adore him. The hubs and I have been together for almost 9 years now. He is a small animal vet and has his own gorse, Pete, who he bought so he could spend more time with me. He is also a big runner having competed 5 marathons, 5 half marathons, a 50 mile run and a 50k. Phew! He has been supportive and adventurous with me in life and has quit 3 jobs and followed me through 5 moves in 4 states and has rarely complained. I love him and we fit each other super well. I graduated from my 3 year podiatric medicine and surgery residency in may and will be beginning my career here shortly. I am terrified and excited at the same time.

With a new baby, a new job, a new state and a whole new life on the horizon it really seems like an odd time to start a new sport doesn't it? Perhaps. My family would say that I don't plan at all and that is pretty true. I tend to follow where life leads and not debate on it too much. It has lead to some very rash and stupid decisions over the years (like the 2 seater Saturn Sky we bought in Ohio in October and never drove before we sold it) but it has also lead to some pretty amazing things as well. I wouldn't trade any of it.

I will fill you all in on my mare, Gem, tomorrow. Here is a picture to hold you over:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment